Friday, July 6, 2012

Tiramisu

We met in the fall of 2008. It had been just about a year since my semester abroad in Rome, Italy. Yet, still I clung to certain things- a love for all things Italian, a certain level of pretentiousness with red wines, and an all-consuming love for tiramisu.

Then, on our second date (dessert and tea at Cioccolat- my idea, shocker) John confessed that he has never had tiramisu. Well that just wasn’t ok. That night, John’s life was changed forever. He had finally tasted tiramisu.

It became our thing. We had to have tiramisu if they offered it on the menu. I bought tiramisu from different stores so we could taste and compare them. I surprised him with dessert wine and tiramisu one spring evening, I texted pictures of scrumptious tiramisus I saw in Vegas. It was all very one sided, so I should of seen it coming when he broke the news to me two years later.
 “Umm Jaquielyn? I… don’t really like tiramisu that much. I mean, it’s ok. I don’t hate it, but it’s just ok”.
Well then, why don't you just shove a dull pencil in my chest while you're at it.
Tiramisu cookies? I need to make these
But as always, I felt my life being reenacted by a much more dramatic (but entertaining) couple.
So tiramisu isn’t our thing (and yeah yeah Barney and Marshall aren't a couple). And apparently I’ve been slightly delusional over the past couple years (again, shocker). But as silver linings go, that just means more tiramisu for me :). Here’s to being open and honest… even after three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment