Thursday, July 5, 2012

Summer plans... eeeeek


Four weeks. In Southeast Asia. As my middle schoolers would say… Waaaaaaaaawww. It’s insane really, how this came about, but I’m so glad it did.

In three weeks, I will be hoping in a plane bound for Kuala Lumpar, Malaysia. 

 I’ll be traveling with a new friend (again, thanks to the rockin’ party we threw). This will be her fourth time to Thailand, so I feel pretty comfortable traveling with her. Besides that, she is the planning, prepared, budgeting, researching machine that would put my own mother to shame. 

            After a few days in Kuala Lumpar, we’ll be hoping back on an airplane headed to Surat Thani so we can celebrate the Full Moon Party on Ko Pa-ngan. THIS is Koh Phangan (yeah, there are a couple ways to spell it- I’m trying a few out)

After that (plus probably a couple recovery days), we will be headed to Phuket (not gonna lie, instantly thought of the Bachelorette when these plans came into place. AND THEN GOT SUPER EXCITED), weather pending, of course. Hopefully we make it to Lang Kawi where I can die happy. This place looks amazing and I HAVE to post some photos to make you all jealous…

 I don’t know, looks like perfection to me.

Anyways, after that, we’ll be heading back through Malaysia and down to Singapore. Spend a couple days in Sinagpore, back to Kuala Lumpar AND BAM!! Back to Japan. Just typing it, I felt the time slip through my fingers. In some ways, four weeks is a loonnnnggg time, but I know I’m going to blink and it will all be gone.

My roommates have been half supportive, half cautions, and I think a dash of jealous (I mean, I would be jealous of me too). They keep telling me not to die, not to get rabies, not to get roofied. You know, all the usual protective boy stuff. It really almost feels like my father is here, except he might hide my passport or something to keep me from going. It’s funny because when we started planning our summer breaks, Robert said “Meh. Traveling is stressful. I want to relax.” While he’s right, traveling is  stressful, there is nothing quite like experiencing another country. I’ve been lucky enough to see a bit of Europe and I guess I got bit by the travel bug. Even though it’s been about four years since my time abroad, I am so so sooo excited to be traveling through Southeast Asia.

The stories, the pictures and the experience is worth wayyyy more than the comforts of the United States (to me). The way I see it, I’m going to be living in the United States for the rest of my LIFE. I can tough out my yearning for In-n-Out for a couple more months to see more of the world.

Well, that’s assuming I come back (kidding, Dad. Just kidding).

To new adventures and experiencing the world… 


1 comment:

  1. Actually Im 90% jealous and 10% worried about you. Roofies are everywhere!

    -Robert

    ReplyDelete