Thursday, July 26, 2012

First Movie Experience in Japan

I'm not going to lie... it feels really good to have friends. And not just the TV show I'm obsessed with.

If you couldn't tell, I've been a bit of a wet towel without my roommates. But both Ai-chan and Emma [who I'm sure will be sick of me by next month and will be kicking herself for volunteering to spend all this time with me :) ] have really stepped up and been keeping me busy and laughing. Last night, I had my first movie experience in Japan. I love movies, and it has been at least four months since I have been in a theater.

We decided on Man on a Ledge.
I thought it was excellent... but I have incredibly low standards for movies. Plus, I was so excited just to be in the theater, they could have shown four hours of Jersey Shore and I would have been just as happy.

There is a DISTINCT difference between American movie theaters and Japanese movie theaters. For one... Japanese movie theaters are quiet as a tomb BEFORE THE PREVIEWS EVEN START. I felt uncomfortable just eating popcorn. Emma and I would wait until a big action scene to chomp down on our popcorn. If you know me and my love of popcorn, this required a tremendous amount of self-control.

To give you a taste, here is a commercial they showed to us before the previews. For some reason, I found it so entertaining, I started snort-laughing. In the Japanese tomb movie theater. Which only made me snort laugh even harder.
And because I'm awkward like that, I took pictures. To commemorate my first movie experience in Japan.
To buy our tickets, we awkwardly stumbled through Japanese and pointed

They have ticket attendants in front of every theater.

Soda+popcorn+movie theater= ridiculously excited
 The signs for the bathroom are even cute in Japan...
Handicapped people wear baseball caps and boys are cowboys.
And girls have tiaras!!

And the extra cherry ontop of this awesome outing? It was ladies night so we got 800 yen off our ticket price!!
Wednesday night might be the new movie night!

No comments:

Post a Comment