Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Best Muffin in the WORLDDDD

You have to understand something. I'm still completely lost when it comes to Japanese. I may be able to say a few key words, somehow make it through the day, but when it comes to reading Japanese... they might as well be squiggles. That's right, squiggles.

This goes for pretty much EVERYTHING at the grocery store (sure, sure, I can recognize bread and peanut butter. But seriously, finding soy sauce was a challenge. In case you're wondering, there are about 309,823 bottles at a Japanese grocery store that could potentially be soy sauce. And they all say Kikkoman on them). So a lot of things are trial-and-error. I've bought three types of disgusting popcorn, tried some weird octopus- vomit- flavored- tube- snack- thing, and had my fair share of "Hmm, what could this be? Oh God, pfft bleaackk, uggghhh, disgustingness!" (which is quickly followed by "Here John, try this").

The bakery is usually a safe place to try things. The grocery store that is catacorner  (Google thinks I spelled this word wrong. I linked the definition to prove it wrong. Take THAT, Google Blogger!) from us has an decent bakery... until one day. The day of the muffin.

I bought one, just one, on a whim. It looked potentially tasty and there were chocolate chips on it. I mean, how can you really go wrong with chocolate chips?

And then the muffin changed my life forever. There was a crispy, sweet shell only to reveal the softest, moistest, lighter-than-air piece of heaven WITH chocolate chips. Fluffy as a CLOUD and without a doubt, one of the most amazing things I have ever eaten.

Begin: Muffin Obsession.  Since that fateful day, I've been to the grocery store every day (without fail) to check for the beloved muffins.

One time, they had a tray of them out... so I bought every. single. one they had. No joke. I came home absolutely ecstatic.

Until next time, muffins

1 comment:

  1. haha this is hilarious Jaq. You look so satisfied with yourself. BTW - I am still going to send you some snailmail. I've just been uber busy. One day, yes one day you will get a letter from me :) - Allison

    ReplyDelete