Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Ank.uh.leez

I call the shelter to check up on her.

She's NOT even MY cat, I'm seriously just turning into a crazy cat lady. But really, to see if she's still alive (because seriously, we almost had to put her down one too many times) or if anyone has adopted her yet.

I still (and carry it around in my wallet. In Japan. Because who knows when someone will stop me in the street and ask for it?!?) have her chip number and client number written on a post-it. Pretty sure I just awarded +3 crazy points to myself  for that one. So I would call. I would read off the chip number, the client number... and they would ask for her name.

"Ankles."
"Ankles?"
"Yeah, like the body part."
"Uhhh ok.... [slight pause, computer tapping, dogs howling in the background]. Oh yeah, I see her file here. Ank-uh-leez..."

 Ughhhh. That's not her name. My heart would usually be pounding, palms sweaty, and I would be overwhelmed with the fact that yes, she is still alive (Before these phone calls, I always convince myself that they put her down. That way, it would hurt less if that's what the verdict was. Another crazy point?).

But really guys? Ankles. It's not that hard. I promise promise I spelled it right on the form.

The caption literally reads "ANKELES"
The picture above was taken directly from the Animal Outreach website, where she's currently at. 

I don't know why I wasted a whole blog post on cat that isn't even mine, isn't even on the same country or continent as me. But I'm getting better at blogging more, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment