Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I make awesome velociraptor noises


Currently: having ridiculous flashbacks and college cravings. It’s the perfect October day… slight drizzle, cool enough to bust out the Uggs, but not so freezing that you need the coat that turns your tiny physique into a sausage. I mean, that’s what I blame the appearance of my winter blubber on… don’t worry, it’s the coat. It has nothing to do with the ten pounds of see’s candy I ate and washed down with two haageen daaz bars. Psh, stupid winter coat. Makes me look like a WHALE”. 

ANYWAYS. I’m currently sitting in Mishka's surrounded by dutiful college students hammering away on their laptops and highlighting their textbooks. And I miss it… I never really thought I would. While everyone lectured me to “enjoy” my college years, all I could do was YEARN for the days when I was out of college. I just assumed that if I was out of college, I would have life figured out. I would clearly be the head dolphin trainer, with the luxury of holidays and nights off, and of course some time and money to travel. Yet, I’m out of college and not a CLUE with what I’m doing. This thing called life seems to own me, taking my life one way and another, in paths I never expected. 

Back in college, the biggest troubles were those of facebook gossip (ohmigosh, why is he with her?!?), dinner obstacles (how many more days can I survive on peanut-butter-and-jelly-saltine-sandwiches?), and the ever present pressure of academics (how am I going to stretch this essay into ten more pages?). I honestly thought they were the biggest troubles in the world. Now, I’m facing very adult problems… car payments, job hunting, making rent, and oh yeah… still don’t know what I’m doing with my life. 

ON A MORE FUN NOTE, YAYYYYYY!!!!! Fall (aka, decent) TV shows are back. One of the biggest hypes of the season was for the show Terra Nova. It is a) directed by Steven Spielberg AND b)ridiculously over budget. For the full scope that is WAYY better than I could ever replicate, watch a 2 minute clip here. I promise it’s worth it. 

To commemorate the pilot of the show, John and I quizzed each other on our favorite dinosaurs. As a true FRIENDS fanatic, I quoted the velociraptor as my favorite. When John need clarification, I did this: 

No joke. With the noise and motions and everything. 

Our upstairs neighbors have a different method of celebrating the release of Terra Nova. They decided to act like dinosaurs and stomp around their apartment like overweight T-Rexes. I swear, the glasses shake and every step looks like this scene from Jurassic Park.


John is not bothered by this at all. He claims that I do the EXACT. SAME. THING. I beg to differ. I am a tiny, petite woman. The upstairs neighbors seem to be harboring a couple of the largest land carnivores of all time. 

My judgement of Terra Nova? (I know this must be the most well-organized blog post ever. I swear, I graduated from college. WITH a minor in English, mind you). It’s… pretty good. With a two hour pilot, excellent dinosaur scenes, and lots of action, it just felt like a movie that didn’t have a complete ending. Minus two very gross bug scenes, I enjoyed the show. I will be watching it again, not alone of course (someone has to tell me when it is safe to look at the screen again). If you want to catch it, you can watch it for free here

That’s all for today minions!! Thanks for reading. Leave some comments if you are feeling generous. Pretty sure I have like ONE reader (hey Carly!!!). Have a fantastic week :)

2 comments:

  1. I reeeeeeeeally want to see you do that velociraptor thing the next time I see you haha...that clip made my night :)
    <3, jackie harake (your other reader besides carly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha YAYYY, two readers :) Thanks for your comment. And I WILL make that velociraptor noise the next time I see you. I will be at G-Spoon, I'll see you walking across the parking lot and instead of going straight for the hug... I'm just going to velociraptor you. It's going to be awesome so be prepared. And don't forget! Haha, thanks for your comment Jackie!

    ReplyDelete