Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Unapologize


Warning: this post contains TWO country songs. Do not complain, you have been warned. 

Do you ever hear a song and at first it’s just a pretty melody... Then you hear the lyrics. And all of a sudden it is YOUR song. This is YOUR life in a song, with (usually) a much better vocalist. Well that feeling happens to me a lot. Like there are at least ten songs out there that I claim are “my” songs. But this one has been on my mind lately, especially considering some pretty personal events that have... transpired lately. 

First off, I talk way too much for comfort. Unless it’s awkward silence… then I like to bask in it… and add lots of …  …  … sooooo yeahhhhh… [insert your favorite awkward animal motion here]. I’m sure you’ve realized this from the outrageous length of my posts, as well as my super annoying tangents. 

OK! SO! “My” song of the moment is… Unapologize by Carrie Underwood. My life is a series of events of word vomit. In high school, I confronted my crush and laid it all on the line. It went something like “Um, I like you. I thought you liked me? How come you never asked me out?” Ahaha, oh yeah, I am dead serious. That’s attractive, right? Nothing has really changed, and the result? I speak without thinking. LOTS of ... Awkward turtle. The first time I said “I love you” was followed by total and complete stutters, a long awkward stare, and feelings of “oh shoot! What?? I mean, uh I take it back?” 


My biggest fear is that I’m going to look back on life and be filled with regret. Of the things I didn’t do when I had the chance, but more so… the things I never said. My high school story has a point. It’s easy (well easier) to tell someone that you like them… but how do you tell a friend something that you don’t like about them?  Whether it is an action, something they said, or maybe a girlfriend or boyfriend? Well if it’s a wedding you aim to break up, my bff Taylor Swift has the perfect words to SPEAK NOW :) And yes that tangent was done specifically to include TS into my blog. That, and I think it is the perfect follow up song to Carrie’s.


Until next time minions. Have a great day, love you all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment