Thursday, October 6, 2011

Late night musings

The upstairs neighbors. Are driving. Me. INSANE.

Some background for those of you who have not been my roommate: I am a deep sleeper. Likeee reeaallly deep. I have slept through multiple alarms, earthquakes, parties, you name it. Freshman year, I asked my roommate to wake me up if I wasn't up by a certain time. I made a joke that she might have to hit me to wake me up. I woke up to her LITERALLY socking me in the arm. And then she told me she had been punching me in the arm for about five minutes before I stirred. Needless to say, I had a bruise.

So last night, I'm sleeping (duh). And our upstairs neighbors decide start throwing things at their floor. It sounded like 50 lb. dumbbells or boulders or something, but it definitely woke me up. And oh yeah, it's midnight. Now, I wouldn't mind this if we were in college or if it was the weekend, but it is a Tuesday night people. I am not in college anymore, I am a grown up. With a grown up job and a very grown-up work schedule. Being woken up + the fact that they stomp around everywhere in their apartment made it impossible to go back to sleep... So I wound up on facebook (of course) and re-watching shows like Perfect Couples.

[That story was completely unrelated to the main part of my post. Yeahhhh still a bit bitter from last night and I guess I just needed to vent]

So I don't know how everyone else feels, but I hate being hit on. Some people love it, others crumble under the pressure and return smiles because they don't know what else to do, and the really smart people always seem to have the perfect comeback comment... And then there is me. If you watch the first two minutes of this, I am the reallyyy awkward girl. I just don't know what to do with myself. Whaattt? Pshh. No. That's just... weird. Pretty sure those words have actually come out of my mouth at some point. On top of that, I just don't understand whyyy guys think pick up lines are a good idea?
  • No, it did not hurt when I fell from heaven. Because I didn't?
  • Uh, the alphabet is JUST fine how it is. Do not put "u" and "i" together. Beyond that, "u" is a letter. Which is different from "you". That's one is just uneducated
  • If I were a booger, you would pick me first? Well, you started off real well, comparing me to a booger. Second, the first thing you are going to tell me is that you pick your nose? That's attractive
  • Did you really just scrape your knee "falling for me"? Because I'm pretty sure that's a lie... and I don't date liars
  • Asking me "How it feels to be the most beautiful girl in the room?" is ridiculous. I think you are lying (please see above logic) and a compliment like a normal person would work just fine. "I think you are beautiful" would make more of an impression than the former question
TALK TO ME LIKE I AM A PERSON. Not some dumb girl you need to con into talking to you. So simple. Jeez. 

OK, I am getting to the good part, I promise. The best thing to come out of the midnight apartment quake of 2011 is this gem I found via facebook. Every now and then, a youtube video of some creative proposal starts to go viral. I usually refrain from re-posting because I don't want to come across as having wedding fever or pressure to get my own proposal or any other crazy thoughts, but this one is the best. I couldn't NOT share it.

Jamin (part of Marvels Dance Company) decided to propose to his girlfriend (Val) of five and a half years. I know we all saw that adorable proposal of the guy who made a "movie trailer" as part of his proposal to his girlfriend. Super cute, super creative... only thing that ruined it for me was when I found out they had only been dating for four months. I know, judgmental. But I think marriage is HUGE. To me, you can't possible know something like that in four months.

I watched this video four times (maybe more, but I'm only going to admit to four). Once to watch it, another time to watch her reaction, another time to watch the dancing and one more because I am a sap.

What makes this video so awesome?
  1. It's done in Downtown Disney
  2. It's done to the song "Marry You" by Bruno Mars (melt)
  3. There's dancing. Like, really ridiculously awesome dancing
  4. She has no idea
  5. Boy has got MOVESSS. Shoooot.
  6. There's a video of her reaction and everything that is going on
This is a real-life proposal that is better than some proposals they do in MOVIES (and light-years better than the one they did in "The Back-Up Plan". Gosh, that movie is awful). So many congrats to Jamin (and major props too!!!) and his future wifey, Val. Best of luck to you both and thank you for sharing this video with us all.


Leave comments and love if you so feel. Happy Wednesday everyone- we are HALFWAY to the weekend (yay)!!
ps. Halloween costume anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment