Saturday, January 28, 2012

11 hours and 520 miles later

SO. We made it. We've been in socal for about a week and I'm already spoiled. Today's wardrobe: the summer dress I wore for my sweet 16 birthday. I don't know if I should be sad or proud that I still fit something that I wore eight years ago. It's 77 degrees outside, not a cloud in sight... and OH YEAH. It's the middle of winter? Oh San Diego, how I love you.

The past few days have been an ongoing battle of how to fit an apartment full of STUFF into one room. We have been boxing, unpacking, re-packing machines. We tried out space bags ("As seen on TV")... one of them popped under the bed. So there are two comforters and six pillow wedged under the bed... I have NO idea how we are going to get them out but mehh, future John and future Jaquielyn can handle that problem.

The drive was looonnnnnggggg. But road trips are always my excuse to eat like a pig. What? Gotta keep my energy up. Don't look at me as I shove chex mix, corn nuts, and starbursts into my mouth. I played the Taylor Swift cd over and over... and sang on top of my lungs. No joke, by the time we got to San Diego, I was losing my voice.

This post is boring so I'll end it here with some pictures

Taylor and Miley. Approximately 0615
 I DID feel a twinge of nostalgia leaving our apartment. It has definitely been the best apartment I've ever had, and the home to the best cat in the world. It'll be a long time before we have our own place again...

Halfway through the drive
 SOMEONE convinced me to buy him a $3 cotton candy snack. "I'll buy you something at the next stop", he rationalized. During the drive, I fantasized about what I would choose... 3 pound bag of peanut M&M's, a giant Snapple. I never got my snack.

The dreaded grapevine

Success!! Finally arrived at the Raney's.
Feels OH SO GOOD to be back in Socal. It's been nearly seven years since we've both LIVED in socal. Seeing the ocean on the drive back felt like coming home. All of a sudden, it feels like I let out this sigh that I've been hanging onto for seven years. Can't wait to hit the beach. In January. Jealous yet?

1 comment: