Thursday, January 19, 2012

Empty

I feel... exhausted. In the past 24 hours, our apartment has gone from full to empty. I went from having three roommates to one. I sit here writing this on the floor of an empty dining room instead of the table.

Starting from the top...
  • I finished my last shift at PetSmart. Got sent home early since I was sick and apparently no one wanted to catch my sickness
  • After a week of adventures, Patty and Dave packed us up and filled their van to the brim with our crap. I would say they drove down with 90% of our stuff- huge relief considering we definitely would have had to donate ALL that stuff to GoodWill
  • We got rid of our couch (and made a profit on it--yeahyuhhh), coffee table, dining room table, and kitty. Yeah that last part was rough
  • Had a final goodbye dinner with our friends. Also rough :(
Adventures with Patty and Dave! Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Tasting room was amazinggg. And stalking photoblogs pays off

All there's left to do now is pack. And drive. John and I will be caravan-ing down to San Diego tomorrow, most likely not being able to see out the back window. Our plan is to stay within sight of each other and to take breaks together. I'm a wee bit nervous considering I've only driven the entirety of this trip ONCE. Annnddd I had to stop and take a 20 minute nap at Starbucks. I've made the trek many times, switching from co-pilot to driver.... but only once as a solo driver. Any tips for keeping oneself awake would be greatly appreciated.

I know this adventure to Japan will be amazing and exciting. I know that the friends that matter will still be here in a year when we get back. But right now, all I feel is sadness. I look forward to enjoying 80 degree weather, the beach, mexican food and the company of socal friends and family... but with changes comes a bit of emotional baggage.


625- our favorite home
John did his best to cheer me up- starting with the ole faithful: hot. fudge. sundae. We packed up the closet, watched some tv shows (anyone see Alcatraz? Thoughts? Cuzz I'm not buying it), and even a surprise midnight trip to Denny's (something we haven't done since the first year we started dating). But the real heartbreak came at night. I waited to hear Ankles' bell jingle and feel a slight weight from her creeping on the bed. Yet there was no cat last night to curl up on my chest and purrr her way into sleep.

1 am. Denny's in Woodland. This is love.

Alright. I've rambled too long and we still have some packing to do. Next time I write will be from SOCALLLLL. Excited to be back in the land where people actually drive OVER 65 on the freeway and I can comfortably wear flip flops w/o fear of breaking off one of my toecicles. SAN DIEGO HERE WE COMEEE

1 comment:

  1. YAYYYY!!! So exciting Tango! What a great way to start your new year! With a change! I (and when I say I, I mean me and Con) will be shooting for Germany after I graduate this coming fall. I'm already feeling anxious about it! I hope you have a wonderful time over there and keep writing. It's nice to catch up with what you are doing :) I still see you in your cheer leading uniform shouting commands at the audience... ah... good times. **nostalgic**
    YAY!
    -Allison Autera :)

    ReplyDelete