Friday, January 13, 2012

Ankles Jumbaco


So two jobs. Besides being utterly exhausted (my manager once asked me "Do you ever sleep??") and having no social life to speak of... my jobs were awesome. I finally had friends (big step for me), had inside work jokes, andddd I got to work with the most adorable dogs ever. I got my puppy-fill on a daily basis. My favorite part of work... my co-workers. They were the support I needed when crazy cat ladies yelled at me, a certain creepy co-worker would get too close, or laugh with me when I face-planted off of a ladder. 

Biggest plus: The co-workers I call my friends.

3. We found a cat
Back when I only had one job, John and I started to run. We made it a nightly routine and dedicated a couple weeks to the running until the dreaded ankle problems. Anyone who was an athlete in high school most likely has some lingering problem with a joint or muscle. I sprained my ankle twice in high school (yay cheerleading), and as for John, being a runner came with chronic ankle problems.

Finally, during a run, we both couldn't take it anymore. Our ankles just hurt too bad. I pushed through another mile before finally slowing down to a walk. And then we found her...
ANKLES!! Named after the very reason we found her
I will state for the record: Without a doubt, through and through- I am a dog person. But Ankles is different. There was no potty training, no incessant need for attention or pets. But the potty training! Just a litter box and she just knew. I am so amazed. She cuddles when I want, allows me to torment her (We do this thing when you pull back her ears and say "Asssiannn kittyyyyy". It's way fun).  She is without a doubt the best cat in the world.

Her and John have daily nap time. He lays down and she quickly takes her place on his chest. It's pretty much the cutest thing ever.
Since I picked her first name, I allowed John to pick her middle name. In order to initiate her into Team J, she needed a J name. So John went with the most ridiculous thing he could think of.
SO Ankles JUMBACO needs a good home. We are moving... and we're pretty sure Japan's quarantine process will be lengthy, expensive, and a huge hassle. She purrs like a machine gun, loves to be held, and will freaking melt your heart. And I would rather her go to one of my friends who will be a wonderful home for her than one of the weirdos out there with 4,739,827 cats.

And yes, you can rename her. But Jumbaco is an awesome name

1 comment: