Thursday, September 8, 2011

extra clean or extra stupid?

Around once a day, I am startled by the sound of a football hitting the windows. Usually, I look up just in time to see some confused bird flying away.

When it used to be the little sparrows and tiny birds, I would feel bad. They would chirp around on the ground and take a 15 minute recovery period. But lately, it has been the big scary looking crows from those Windex commercials. And they do not just lightly tap the window... it always sounds as though Peyton Manning* is throwing a 50 yard pass... to me. Through the window. I'm pretty sure one of these days a bird is ACTUALLY going to come through the window and it is going to be my worst day of work.

*Football reference?? Wooo, look at me go!

I used to think that maybe the windows here are just extra clean, but maybe the birds here are just extra stupid? 

Anyways, I just wanted to thank you all for showing me such gracious support as I start this blog. I watched the little "overview" feed yesterday (because let's face it, I'm the most impatient person ever and wanted to see who would comment and I could not waitanothersecond!!!), and my blog got 95 views! That is more than I ever expected and I am blown away by everyone's support. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Pleasseee feel free to leave comments, and any suggestions you may have for WHAT the heck I should write about. Someone told me that I need to blog every day if I ever want any kind of following or whatever, and that I also need pictures. However, writing every day gives the allusion that I have some sort of exciting life... And while writing about birds flying into the windows at work may be entertaining for one day, I don't know how much more exciting it is going to get. Is that sad? Don't answer that.

So. Comments. Suggestions. Love.

And so much gratitude towards you all. Until tomorrow minions.

Ps. If you haven't figured it out, I have dubbed you all "minions". Because a) it is taken from one of my favorite writers and b) it reminds me of "Despicable Me". That's the movie with the minions, right? I guess I should understand my own reference first.

4 comments:

  1. My friend did a blog post per day for a year as a personal challenge. Some days were a struggle to get something written but she finished it earlier this year. Here it is if you want to peruse some entries for a feel for ideas: http://the365plan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is intense!! Thanks for the link (and the pics)... It'll definitely help give me some ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just post my life as it comes up! Pictures are always fun, but no pressure :)

    Are you trying to do it to gets adds and make money off it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naw, I mean it would be nice to make some extra $$ and somehow turn writing into a career, but I just miss writing and want an excuse to do it everyday. I also follow some blogs, and it is just so much more fun when they post every day... I like the consistency and it gives me something to look forward to. Thanks for your suggestions though Carly!

    ReplyDelete