Monday, December 10, 2012

A Day in The Life: 12 Hours in 12 Pictures

I saw this somewhere as a blog idea and thought it would be a GREAT idea, especially to show my friends back home what my day usually looks like.

To give you some background, I work at four different schools. That means every day looks VERRRY different for me. But this is what a typical Friday looks for me...

7:52 am, view from our balcony
8:20 am, arrive at school [Kaji Elementary School]
9:00 am, first (and favorite) sixth grade class of the day
 Classes in Japan (at every single school) starts and ends with the students standing. It's a sign of respect for the teacher... but as you may tell from the little angels faces, some classes will do it begrudgingly
10:25 am, second class. I DEFINITELY feel like making faces sometimes
11:00 am, Rock paper scissors is the answer to life here in Japan
12:32 pm, school lunch! I got jipped on the fish

1:21 pm, school cleaning time. Everybody pitches in to clean the school

2:00 pm, second graders!! Adorbs. We sing the "Hello Song" to warm up!
3:00 pm, first and second graders leave for the day.
 ** ^all the elementary school students wear those bright yellow hats (so drivers won't run them over). It's pretty much the cutest thing in the world.

4:15 pm, what my desk looks like- lesson planning time!
5:30 pm, everyone's home! Let the weekend begin!!

6:42 pm, computering in a slanket

7:52 pm, winding down with persimmons and Sex and the City

And that's it! That's how a typical Friday looks for me. A little while after this, I went down to take a nap from a headache. Apparently, a nap turned into a full blown deep sleep (I sleep like a rock) and my stalker decided to take this flattering photo of me. So BONUS photo!




1 comment: