Thursday, December 13, 2012

Minions



Today’s post gets a huge shout out to Jessica Lee, who is one of my “fans”. HELLO LEE!! She wrote... 

 And then I promised to make it up to her with this spiffy blog post.

Dear Jessica,
Thank you for your comment regarding “minions”. I promise, from this day forward, to always end the blog with a statement that includes the word “minions”. And to answer your unasked question, I took this habit as referring to my readers as “minions” from one of my favorite writers… She’s actually a hotshot writer now but I first developed my girlcrush in college, perusing The California Aggie as a way to kill time before class.

I flipped open to the opinions column (they tend to be the most fun and light-hearted articles, especially before a class of mind-numbing economics). I quickly found myself snort laughing and attracting TONS of unwanted attention from my classmates. From then on, Tuesdays were a day I looked forward to, all because of a Ms. Lynn La. She was sarcastic, hilarious, the writer I wish I could be.

So now, as homage to her… I refer to you all as my “minions”. That, or she is going to end up suing me for taking “her word”.

Here is one of my favorite columns by her… and another one that includes the “minions” thing I was telling you about.

And as a nice way to end this post… Here’s the trailer for the NEW Despicable Me 2 movie, coming out in July 3, 2013. I am excited, if for no other reason than to have more cute “minions” photos to post here!!

Thanks for reading! Until tomorrow minions :)

PS. I put the word “minions” in here 9 times! Wowza!  

No comments:

Post a Comment