Thursday, March 22, 2012

Throwback: Vegas Post

Tangos in Vegas
 Not a whole lot of new stuff for the blog just yet. Don't worry minions, new apartment, new job, all new stuff is in the works.

So this post is a few months behind. Before leaving for Japan, the Tango family took a mini-vacay to VEGASSSS. This was the first time that both my brother and I have been to Vegas together while being 21+. My grandparents made the trip out as well, making it a super fun reunion for all of us.

To start things off, my brother treated all of us to a Royal Flush drink at the Cosmopolitan Hotel (super snazzy) in The Chandelier (even snazzier- three floors inside of a chandelier).  


Standing on a couch. Anything for a good picture


Super tasty!! Cheers! Thanks Josh!
Not quite sure if we're related...
At The Chandelier
And then we went on the search of the giant shoe. You know how it is... women and their ridiculously cute shoes. If you'll notice in the first photo, my mom is holding the heel of the shoe so it doesn't tip over.
Where's Mama Tango?

Red shoe! And the "cheer hand"
I think the most beautiful thing in Vegas is the Bellagio water show. It may have been raining, it may have been freezing, but I dragged everyone outside to catch the show AT  NIGHT set to Andrea Boceli's Con te partiro. There is seriously nothing like it

 Three generations of Tangos at the craps table. Finally got my grandfather and dad hooked on the glory of craps
John may or may not have been yelled at in mystery language for this photo
Since we were there a week after John's birthday, my mom couldn't resist calling over the waitress to help us celebrate the big 2-5!
His threat to give my mom FREE dessert for the next five dinners backfired
Free ice cream sundae!!
So the last night, penny slots were our best friend. We decided to be adventurous and play the most ridiculous looking games possible. I decided on something like Mister Froggy Prince or something while Jonathan decided on....
KITTY GLITTER!!!
 He rammed a bunch of buttons and somehow turned ONE PENNY into $20.00. I don't know... penny machines love him
YAYYYY Vegas!!!!! Thanks so much to my Josh for letting us crash in his room with him, being the main photographer, and introducing us to the royal flush (next time, yardsticks and red gummy bears!). Thanks to my grandparents for the many meals (Portuguese sausage and rice FTW) and fun stories. Finally, a HUGE thank you to my parents for a ridiculously awesome time. We had such a fun time learning the ways of the penny slots (and free drinks) and how to make the most out of your $1- Tango style. Love you!!

1 comment:

  1. lol we shall get the white gummy bear! which apparently no bartender in vegas has ever heard of.
    hope you guys enjoyed the royal flush!
    maybe next time john will get 4 of a kind, with all 7's too

    ReplyDelete