Sunday, March 18, 2012

90% pictures!


Hello minions!!

We’ve officially been in Japan for a week now. Today at lunch, Robert asked us how we felt about Japan and what we’ve been the most surprised by. Conclusion: WE  <3  Japan! My favorite thing is how nice and helpful people are here. Even with the limited vocabulary and terrible accent I have, people will go ridiculously out of their way to help you. Just today at the grocery store, I was trying to find non-fat milk. The quest resulted in one grocery worker assembling a team of 4 people to hunt down the milk for me. Talk about customer service. Now onto pictures!!


So we’re only going to have this bedding for a year. And since we’re both pretty much 12 year olds, we went with the best. Bedding. Ever. I present to you… funny dog.

"Which dog is funniest?" -Robert Raney

After so many meals of instant stuff (instant rice, instant yaki soba, instant cup o’ noodles…), I could only take so much. I decided to splurge from the 100¥ yaki soba boxes that we’ve been eating and cook the very first homemade meal. The rice was still instant, but whaddya going to do about it?
Mini asparagus wrapped in bacon

The entire kitchen


Final product!
 White day. Japanese valentine’s day except just the girls get stuff. I shrugged and told John, “Don’t get me anything… unless you want to get me a chocolate or something”. Now by chocolate, I meant a Hershey’s bar or something simple. At around 11:00 pm, John announces “I’m going to go to the vending machine” [which is literally right outside the door]. Twenty minutes later, he’s not back and I’m freaking out. He dropped dead. He got one of those super rare aneurisms that kills young healthy people and is lying on the side of the road. I know, I’m insane. Who jumps to that kind of conclusion?
Turns out... he was getting me ice cream and chocolate

Amazing chocolate! Best White Day ever!!

Pictures from an awesome dinner! Guess which Raney kept wanting to take pictures and which Raney is fed up with pictures.
Take 1: excited

Take 2: can't forget about the EYESSS
Take 3: Robert's over it

Only took us one take. We're pros

ALRIGHT. Found the post office! Who wants a letter from Japan? If you figure out how to leave a comment on this blog post (not the facebook link, but the actual blog), I’ll figure out how to send you a letter from Japan!

8 comments:

  1. I want a letter from Japan!!! No pressure, of course! I love your blog, love that you're in Japan with your man! Trudes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunty Trudes! I just need your address to send you a letter! It's all written and everything already!

      Delete
  2. I WANT A LETTER FROM JAPAN!!!!!! Duh!
    ps. you look super duper cute in your cooking pic :)
    AND, I want you to name the "funny dog" with the red bow after me.
    k, thanks

    = one compliment wrapped around 2 demands. Yep, I'm that friend haha
    <3, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a letter from Japan also!!!!

    I'm glad you are having such a great time (and I am also glad you are blogging so much that I get to feel like I know what goes on in Japan)!

    The funny dog comforter is a great choice - well done guys.

    Sending you lots of Cali love!
    Ash :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANT ONE!!!! - Your BF

    If its not mailed it doesn't count.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want one! (looks like you have your work cut out for you -- everyone and their dog wants a letter from Japan!!) no rush, though; within the next year will be awesome. great to see your pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment!! Who is this? I want to send you a letter!!!!

      Delete
  6. Love the blog and the way you write. Keep posting pictures and telling us about Japan. Can't wait to come to visit.
    It would be awesome to get a letter from Japan.

    ReplyDelete