Thursday, February 9, 2012

One. beautiful. season.

It's so low key down here, I am in love.

I've put in roughly about 50 jobs applications... to anything and everything (mainly local things, no serious jobs that won't give me a guilt trip for quitting next month). Wow, we leave next month. That is insaneeee. But other than that, the days are slow and the weather is beautiful. Sundays are reserved for brunch with "the grandmas", where I get the latest gossip of who's stealing whose boyfriend. After brunch (and usually every evening), we all head to the backyard for a friendly round of croquet. Smack talk is exchanged, feisty defense strategies are honed,  and the winner inevitably claims bragging rights.
The Raney backyard. Unreal, right?
Crockette
Our itinerary of "Things to do before we leave the country" is quickly filling up. Much like the AM/PM motto, "Too much good stuff". We are headed to Arizona this weekend to visit John's aunt and uncle. While I cower at the thought of gigantic scorpions, centipedes, and beetles, I am excited for another Raney trip. I am told epic, mouthwatering, tantalizing stories of the barbeque restaurant nearby and that's pretty much enough motivation for me. Jaquielyn + food = GOOD day. That's right. Every day is a good day when food is involved.

Happy hour ala Raneys
Many afternoons are accompanied by "Happy Hour". Dave will whip up a batch of delicious margaritas with a salt (or sugar, if you are a sugar phene like myself) rim... YUM! We'll all sit in the backyard, enjoying the view, weather, drinks, and company.
Don't mind my spare tire. I'm counting on Japan to skinny me
The last bit of exciting news, my Certificate of Eligibility arrived today!! The doorbell rang, and the postman asked for "Ms. Tango". I looked around, wondering which "Tango" he was looking for before realizing that I was the only Tango here. Weird. Anyways. I am one step closer to being in Japan. Teaching in Japan. Starting my ONE YEAR CAREER in Japan. It's all finally feeling a little real and I can't wait to start that next chapter of my life (wow, sounds so melodramatic when I call it a "chapter". More like... a footnote?).

Until next time, my minions. Thanks for reading!!!
Seriously? A Minion cupcake?!? I want to go to there.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a minion.... awww!!! I miss you Tango!
    Love, Grace... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time before you leave! What an awesome backyard!!!! I am glad you are enjoying your time :) miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blogs/pictures/comments/etc... Wishing you the very best. So excited for you! Have fun and great experiences in Japan! Thanks for sharing!

    P.S. It was so good to see you at your mom's Gold Party! You are as beautiful as I remember!

    Love, Aunty Nat

    ReplyDelete