Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Land of the Cacti


We (Team Raney and myself) spent this past weekend in Tuscon, Arizona visiting with Ken and Jackie (John's aunt and uncle). Seriously, so many cacti. I wonder if this is how people feel when they come to California and see all the palm trees.

I like to make kissy faces at ridiculous things. And then I see the photo and instantly regret it. But somehow, it always seems like a brilliant idea.

We spent Saturday at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum. My favorite part? No surprise... the animals

I found Hedwig!!!! She LIVES!

John and Robert have this ongoing battle of who can take more pictures of themselves on animal statues. We had to convince John to take this picture...

Anddd then... my favorite part: FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bbq place totally lived up to the hype.

Yep, ate half of my meal before remembering to document it.
 Pulled pork bbq sandwich... I love you. Mac and cheese= huge disappointment. 
From L to R: Jackie, Ken, Patty, Dave, John.  Prickly pear margaritas all around

The next day we went on a hike... I never realized how beautiful the desert can be! The hike was short, but lined with TONS of cacti. Not super condusive to those who are prone to tripping... considering that I trip over my own feet, I was only slightly concerned...

Cacti, Cacti EVERYWHERE

Jackie and Patty
I almost ran into a cactus twice. Only twice.
Being a cheerleader, you think I would have emulated the cactus a wee bit better.

Thanks to Jackie and Ken for sharing their home, morning lattes, all the amazing homecooked meals, and introducing me to how beautiful the desert really is! Next time, Wisdoms cafe! And more hot tubing! And I will win dominate more games of Apples to Apples.

Thanks to Patty and Dave for all the glorious meals, driving, the idea to do this in the first place, and fairly handling the In-N-Out vs. Five Guys debate. As always, it was a great time and I can't wait for more adventures!!!!

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day (I had the best one everrrr). Until next time minions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment