Saturday, June 2, 2012

This week...

[Improvements have been made]

I:
  1. Mastered how to clean my plate like a legit Japanese person. Like no grains of rice or ANYTHING left on the plate. It looks like Ankles (awww Ankles) licked it clean. Yes, this is quite an accomplishment in the school circles.
  2. Apparently the language barrier/my face/my lame jokes are funny. I've made all of my classes bust up in laughter at least twice. Again, a serious accomplishment. What it boils down to: I'M FUNNY IN JAPAN.
  3. Started to run before work. That means waking up at 5:30. Today was day #3 and I'm announcing it to you all to help keep me accountable. Along with becoming funny in Japan, I'm also getting fat. Ok, maybe not fat but I'm definitely not getting skinny (which means I'm obese by Japanese standards). So PLEASE feel free to post on my facebook, email, etc. asking me how the runs are going and whatnot. I need help, friends. 
  4. Remembered that this is the first (and probably only) time that John and I have the same job.  
When I brought this up to him, he responded "Well, we're not having the exact same experience." While this mayyy be true, it is a whole lot more similar than him saving lives and me training dogs/working in a bank/executive assistant. And with our new jobs, I actually know what he's talking about instead of trying to get excited over a pericardiaocentesis or whatever exciting medical condition/procedure/drug/something-or-other is going on.

PS. Google thinks that I spelled "pericardiocentesis"wrong. I assure you, I did not.

And because I brought it up (and never thought I'd miss a flippin' cat as much as I do- I'm a dog person, for crying out loud), here is my all time favorite picture of my faves.

Seriously? The. CUTEST.

No comments:

Post a Comment