Monday, May 7, 2012

We went to Harajuku.

Apparently I say that with a Texan accent. My mom rolled on the floor when I (very nasally) told her that "We went to Harajuku". Where did you go?!? Where are you from, Texas?!? From across the world, the woman has a better Japanese accent than I do.

I'm fitting in real well here. I made the kids laugh trying to pronounce their names. I started to dread calling on the kids because I knew I was going to butcher their names.

But last week was Golden Week. Oh sweet sweet Golden Week. Monday OFF. Work Tuesday and Wednesday. Oh hello FOUR DAY WEEKEND. Unfortunately... John spent the first half being sick, I spent the second half being a miserable lump on the floor. I will NOT waste Golden Week! Yesterday, I sucked it up and we ventured to Tokyo to see Harajuku to see more Japanese amazingess.

3487 points to my Aunt Trudes for my first piece of mail!!
Ai-chan made us okonomiyaki!!
Final product: delicious amazingness
Waiting for the boys. Surprise surprise
All of us on the train. The "impossible" picture
Caught in the act
At the gate of Meiji Jingu





Of course I needed a shot of a sakura themed sake barrel
Paying respect before entering the shrine



Prayers

For more money, you can write your prayers on cool wooden tablets
Robert, that purse is very becoming on you
The boys sharing a handle on the train. Both are super excited about holding hands
Craziness on Harajuku Street
The infamous restaurant... "Jon-oh-san... like the restaurant"
Let's play I spy...
Anyone see the billboard with 12 year old boys that says "Sexy Zone"?!?
  Ok, so this next picture is of the busiest intersection in the world. Fureal. 2.5 MILLION people in one day. It was also super exciting that while we were crossing this street, a thunderstorm was a-coming. Girls screamed with the thunder, which set off round and rounds of more high-pitched screams. I may or may not have joined in the screaming.
Shibuya, Tokyo. Seriously insane
John didn't get a seat with us :(
The rest of Team Pokemon on the way back to Han-no.
Now Golden Week is over and we're all kind of bummed. But great news is that PAY DAY is finally coming. We can finally go to Tokyo and BUY STUFF. It's been all window shopping and longing for stuff from this point, but next week (fingers crossed everything works out), I can actually get stuff.

Now looking forward to summer vacation...

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I can't believe that many people go through there every day!

    ReplyDelete